NMSDC Onsite Wellness Protocols
The well-being of all attendees is our #1 priority. Therefore, we have put the following protocols in place:
- We will require all guests to be either fully vaccinated or show a negative COVID-19 test at the registration check-in counter. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you get a second dose of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine, such as Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna, or two weeks after you get a single dose of the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine. If you’re not vaccinated, you need to show a negative COVID-19 test administered by a health facility two days prior to arriving in New Orleans, LA.
- We will have thermal scanners to take digital temperatures and once cleared, guests will receive a wristband that will change daily to ensure each guest has met COVID-19 protocol for that day.
- We will provide hand sanitizer stations in front of every room and have masks readily available for guests to pick up and utilize.
- We will offer a designated COVID-19 testing room onsite that guests can use if they are flagged by the thermal scanners. No appointment is needed. The process for testing is simple and quick.
- We will ensure that each guest’s right to engage others on their terms are available by giving each the option to wear a color-coded ribbon on their badge to represent the guest’s willingness to engage with others:
- Red- Introvert
- Yellow- Ambivert
- Green- Extrovert
DISCLAIMER: NMSDC is not a medical provider and does not guarantee the accuracy of the testing results, the conditions of the testing process or any impacts upon your health from testing. Please consult your medical provider with any questions regarding any personal health conditions prior to testing.
NMSDC Mask Policy
Masks will not be required in all conference session rooms, exhibitions, registration, and pre-function areas, and as determined by individual venues and client spaces. Masks are strongly encouraged indoors, in all other areas and where social distancing cannot be maintained.
All guests must wear masks while in line and while being served food at meal functions All servers will be masked and gloved while serving food.
NMSDC COVID-19 Testing Center
Located at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, the NMSDC Testing Center will provide no out-of-pocket cost for COVID-19 testing.
How to Protect Yourself
Take the following steps to prevent getting COVID-19:
- Wear a mask. Everyone should properly wear a well-fitting mask indoors in public areas where the COVID-19 community level is high, regardless of vaccination status.
- Wash your hands often. Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, before touching your eyes, nose, or mouth and after touching your mask or leaving a public place.
- Utilize hand sanitizer. Use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 70% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Stay home when you feel ill. Do not leave your home or hotel room, except to get medical care. Do not visit public areas and do not go to places where you are unable to wear a mask. Take care of yourself.
- Test when you deem necessary or are instructed to do so. Over-the-counter self-testsare viral tests that can be used at home or anywhere, are easy to use, and produce rapid results. Regardless of the test type you select, a positive test result means that you have an infection and should isolate and inform your close contacts to avoid spreading the disease to others.
Take the following steps to prevent getting monkeypox:
- Avoid close, skin-to-skin contact. Individuals with monkeypox may or may not have a rash that looks like monkeypox.
- Do not touch the rash or scabs of a person with monkeypox.
- Avoid contact with objects and materials that a person with monkeypox has used.
- Do not share eating utensils or cups with a person with monkeypox.
- Do not handle or touch the bedding, towels, or clothing of a person with monkeypox.
- Cleanse your hands often. Use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 70% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.