50th Anniversary Steering Committee
Leading the March to $1 Trillion
While this year is a great opportunity to reflect on and celebrate the strides made to increase the economic success of minority business enterprises (MBEs), we know it is not enough. It is vital we look forward and take the bold steps needed to further our mission and achieve our goal of closing the racial wealth gap once and for all.
That is why we are launching the NMSDC 50th anniversary steering committee, which will:
- Provide strategic thought leadership and vision to NMSDC in growing MBEs and driving racial economic equity for the next 50 years.
- Advocate and advise on solutions to reach $1 trillion in certified MBE annual revenue.
- Provide guidance on NMSDC’s 50th anniversary activities that include but are not limited to:
- Organizational transformation.
- Certification modernization.
- Technology leadership.
- Public policy.
- Programming and events.
- Champion efforts to tap into new resources and advance economic equity together.
This committee is comprised of visionary MBE giants and role models from every ethnic group NMSDC represents, who have proven success in growing and maintaining significant annual revenues, many in excess of $1 billion.
(co-chair) founder of Magic Johnson Enterprises and SodexoMagic
(co-chair) founder and chairman of World Wide Technology
(member) CEO and founder of the ActOne, AgileOne Solutions, and AppleOne Staffing
(member) chairperson of Urban1
(member) chairman and CEO of Zones, LLC
(member) president and CEO of ASI
(member) CEO of MasTec
(member) chairman, co-CEO, and chief investment officer of Ariel Investments
(member) co-founder, CEO and president of True Investments
(honorary member) CEO and founder of James H. Lowry Associates
(honorary member) former CEO and president of NMSDC